Thursday, September 5, 2013

Read A Good Book Day! A FREEBIE For You!





Tomorrow is Read A Good Book Day or as it is sometimes called National Read a Book Day!

At my house, my first grader can't wait until fall begins!  Here are some of the books that we have been reading this week and will read over the weekend:

I Like Pumpkins by Jerry Smath was a favorite with my middle son and now his younger brother is enjoying it as well!  With appealing pictures, limited text per page, and the variety of pumpkins, it is perfect for first graders!



Another autumn- theme book that he's enjoying, as did my kindergarten and first grade students is We're Going on a Leaf Hunt by Steve Metzger.  If children know the classic, We're Going on a Bear Hunt, they will be able to read most of the text.  I love how the book integrates color words and names of trees into the story.





My second grade son brought home Oliver Who Would Not Sleep by Mara Bergman from the school library this week.  What a perfect choice for him, as he often has great difficulty falling asleep.  He certainly can relate to the boy in the story who has many adventures before finally succumbing to his yawns!




What are you reading this week?  What read-aloud will you read tomorrow?  I'd love to hear about your book suggestions!

Before I go, you can download a graphic organizer made just for Read a Good Book Day that is from my September Writing Prompts packet.   Click the picture below to see a preview of this writing resource.


 Click here to download the organizer from Google Drive. You can download and print this to use tomorrow!

Freebie Fridays


Have a fabulous Friday!




Pinterest Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...