Saturday, September 7, 2013

Grandparents Day FREEBIE

Grandparents Day is special to me.  I have fond memories of both of my grandmothers (I never got to meet my grandfathers), but especially my maternal one who was a second grade teacher and my inspiration for becoming a teacher myself.  I fondly remember spending summer afternoons in her classroom "helping" to set up her classroom. When the school year began, I can still see her sitting at the kitchen table grading papers and sometimes she would let me help her.  Some of the best "gifts" I ever received from her were discarded teacher's editions of textbooks.  I cherished these and used them to "play school".  One of her dresser drawers in her bedroom was dedicated to all the gifts she received from her students. It was crammed with Avon perfume, costume jewelry, handmade cards, and candles.  It appeared that she kept every single one!

My grandmother with my boys in 2007

My own parents have nine (8 of which are boys!) grandchildren and we are so fortunate that we live in close proximityThe kids enjoy camping with them and they are usually available (when they are not in Florida!) to attend special events.  At the boys' previous school, they had a special Grandparents Day in October, a day-long event to honor these very special people.

Grandparents Day 2011

I know that I am a little late, but if you need a quick, last-minute, but heartfelt gift for your own children's grandparents, I made two little posters.  Just print, have your kids sign (or not) and frame.  Last year, we gave one to my parents and they have it proudly hung in their RV.  Click the picture below to download your FREEBIE mini posters.


Graphics:  Scrappin Doodles;  Frame by Ms. Fultz's Corner.  Fonts by KG Fonts.


Happy Grandparents Day to my followers who are blessed to be called such!  For the rest, may you enjoy time tomorrow with your loved ones or the sweet memories of your grandparents.

Pinterest Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...