Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Throwback Tuesday: The Perfect Gift~ Beginning of the Year Writing


Even though it is only July and even though I am now a stay-at-home mom to my two boys and my two dachshunds, I still think about the beginning of the school year.  Maybe it's because I always started to think about the new school year right after the 4th of July for the past twenty-four years.  Maybe it's because I'm anticpating homeschooling my two boys for the first time this year. Or, perhaps, maybe, it's because the excitement of a new school year and all things "teachery" are just in my blood!

In any case, I wanted to share an old blog post from last year called "The Perfect Gift".  Some of you may not know that I was a middle school language arts teacher and literacy resource teacher for many years.  When I was an English language arts teacher, this was my favorite beginning of the year writing activity.  Click the picture below to read the post I wrote last year about this unique writing task that promotes goal setting and how I used it to assess writing skills in the intermediate and middle grades.


 Enjoy!


Pinterest Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...