This little printable is (9) pages, including the cover page and two writing pages at the end. It is very simple and is perfect for emergent readers who are reading at a (B) Guided Reading level.
- Target sight words: come, you, will, to, the, with, me
*I am focusing on come and you with my student
- Written in a predictable text pattern
- Pictures are done in black and white for students to color afterwards
- I used a large font for easy reading
- The last two pages have a sentence starter for students to write about their favorite part of this holiday
Easy prep! Just print, collate, and staple together!
How will I use this in my tutoring sessions this week?
Last week we worked on the word come. This week I will introduce the word you. After spelling the word with magnetic letters and using my playdough sight word mat, I will introduce the book.
~I will activate prior knowledge about the 4th of July: What do you like to do on the 4th of July?
~We will do a picture walk and the student will make a prediction of what the book will be about.
~I will do a read-aloud
~We will do a shared reading
~The student will highlight our target words in different colors
~I will have the student retell the story (we are working on beginning, middle, end)
~The student will complete the writing pages with lots of support from me.
If this looks like something you can use, click here to download a FREE copy from Teachers Pay Teachers.
Have a fabulous holiday as we celebrate our nation's birthday!!!