Monday, June 10, 2013

Simplicity and Peace

Did you do a double-take when you stopped by to visit me?  You are in the right place!  It's me, just with a fresh new blog design, thanks to my favorite designer, Christi from~
Design by Christi

To celebrate my one year blogiversary and my commitment to continue sharing my parenting and literacy stories, I needed a make-over to reflect the changes in my life.  Major changes in my professional and personal lives.  This year has been all about simplicity and my quest for peace. Real peace that invades my soul...that reminds me of my purpose in life... that transports me from living in the past to embracing the present.

Peace that I have fleetingly grasped and longed for.  The peace that can only come from knowing and serving my awesome God.  But see, I need to do my part too.... for me that meant that I had to simplfy my life.  Too much clutter had not only over-taken my house but my mind as well. Over the last school year, I have been in the midst of many changes and so it continues.  I have simplified my life by coming home to care, to minister, to nurture my family and myself. I am cleaning out my mind and my house- getting rid of the garbage once and for all.  
 
doves of peace

Not only have I resigned from my teaching position and decided to homeschool my youngest son next year, but we are in the process of moving as well!  Change has always been scary for me, but I have never been one to stay in one place based on my comfort level.  Atlthough I have had to force myself to make major changes, whether it be accepting a new teaching position, leaving public school for private school, or being a SAHM, all change is uncomfortable, yet necessary for growth.  Some of my changes did not, at the time, appear to be wise choices.  Kind of like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire, so to speak.  But upon reflection, I learned from those choices, "mistakes", and challenges. These experiences grew me.

So, as I am packing up my house, throwing out the clutter, and getting ready for a new adventure, I am keeping my goal in mind so as not to get overwhelmed. The goal of attaining a simple life that allows me to focus on what I love most: my family and my dedication to literacy instruction.  The lure of the woods and the view of the regal mountains where our new home will be is on my mind.  I want to be immersed in peace, to be a peacemaker, and to spread peace to those whose lives I interact with on a daily basis.

Thank you for accompanying me on my journey!  I have some more work to do on my blog since the design is brand-spankin' new and I have a new informational reading packet that will be finished this week.  Stay tuned!  

And may peace be with you!



Pinterest Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Love your new blog design! It's simple, like you said, but also very eyecatching! I hope that all your plans work out well. Do not be anxious about anything! ;)

    Sarah
    Miss A's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! Trying to stay relaxed in the midst of the chaos! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  2. Love the new blog design! Simplicity is key sometimes! Good luck with the big move!! Prayers are with you on your new journey in life!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers, Andrea! They mean so much to me! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your new blog design! I have Christi in mind to redo mine too, but I just can't seem to decide what I want :) I admire you making such incredible changes in your life. Your children might not tell you now, but they'll love you for it!!!
    Laureen
    Teach With Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laureen- Christi is very creative and can help with ideas. She is just amazing! My kids are a bit overwhelmed with all the change, but we're taking it slow and enjoying our summer days! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  4. I love your new bog design - clean, crisp and very eye-catching! I am a big fan of Christi's too!
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post/s - it's a wonderful thing to have the courage of your convictions. It made me stop, think and wish I had the same strength - so admirable! My heartfelt wishes for every success in your home-schooling journey. I am a new follower as of today and look forward to reading your future posts.

    Wendy :)
    Teacher's Toolkit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy- Thank you for your sweet words! Even though I worry, I'm a risk-taker and really feel that this is what I must do. Childhood is so fleeting and I don't want any regrets that I didn't make time for my little blessings! So glad to have you as a new follower! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  5. Hi Lauren,
    Bless you and your family! God is good and will see you through all the changes. Christi is wonderful and did our blog too. I'm a new follower also and look forward to hearing how it all goes.
    Susan
    The Fun Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan- I'm so glad to have you as a new follower! I just love Christi too! I'm off to check out your blog! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  6. Hey Lauren,
    I love the new layout! It's awesome to hear of someone stepping out in faith! I have a reason for stopping by this time. I was hoping that when you received an e-mail notification about my post, you could try to e-mail me? I discovered the other day that I was a no-reply blogger. I am hoping I fixed it! I want people to be able to e-mail me and now I know that I can e-mail others! I have commented on all my posts, but not through e-mail. I hope no one thought I was ignoring them. :-(

    -Tasha
    ATenderTeacherforSpecialNeeds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tasha! I sent you a reply via email and hopefully you received it! Let me know! :-) Lauren

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...