Sunday, June 2, 2013

Flag Day FREEBIE!

"You're a grand old flag, you're a high flying flag..."  No matter if you call the symbol of our country "Old Glory", "Stars and Stripes", or "The Star Spangled Banner", our American flag has an interesting and important history!


With that in mind, I created a little Flag Day informational reading activity that my boys and I will complete the week of June 10 during our summer "fun" school!



This little packet includes a two page informational reading article on the history of our flag, just perfect for first and second graders.  It's very simple and easy to use whether you are still in school or on summer vacation!



And... it is FREE to download and print for the next few hours!   Just click here to visit my Teachers Pay Teachers store to grab your copy!

To add to my little Flag Day summer unit, I plan to read a few of these books with my boys:  Patriotic Books from Reading Rockets.

AND, you must check out these adorable American Flag Marshmallow Pops that we are going to make.  The super simple recipe is here.


Don't forget to grab your FREEBIE!  After sometime later today, it will be listed in my TpT store for a mere $1.50!

Enjoy your Sunday!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...