Thursday, June 27, 2013

Blog Lovin and A Bit Overwhelmed!

As many of you have probably already heard, Google Reader will be no more after July 1.  If you're like me, you don't want to miss any of your favorite blogs' updates!  Although I follow many blogs via email, it is not feasible for me to follow all 300 that way! That is where bloglovin' comes in.  I have recently joined and I like the streamlined look and how easy it is to use. 
Add all your favorite blogs and receive all new and recent posts in one feed!   To follow my blog, just click the link below!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


In other news, I'm wondering if I am the only one who is feeling extremely overwhelmed with the chaos of my life?  I know that summer is supposed to be teacher "downtime", but the reality is that many of you are working either from home or outside of the home.  Some of you may be actively looking for a new job, preparing to change classrooms, grade levels, or schools. Others of you may have personal and/or family issues that are demanding your time, attention, and energy.  And, quite a few of you may be just starting to decompress from a long, rigorous year of teaching.  

For me, I have shared with you that I am in the midst of major, major changes.  Now, the"chaos" of my life that I mentioned above is really a good chaos.  We are moving to a new house in a new town in just two weeks. At the moment, we are going back and forth between two homes, as our new one is under major renovations.  My current home is a labyrinth of boxes and piles of items to be packed.  I am trying to keep life as normal as possible for me and my two youngest sons, who are a little reluctant to be moving from the only house they have known for the last seven years.

On top of that, I will not be returning to my teaching position in the fall. Instead, I will be fulfilling a dream of mine to be a stay-at-home-mother and a homeschooling mother! My head is swirling with ideas and with uncertainties of  how I will work out all the logistics and details.  My future homeschool room is a mess right now, as the remodeling is taking place. 

I'm moving on to the unknown, and that can be pretty scary. I don't know quite what to expect, how this will all work out, or even if it will work out the way I have planned in my head.

But that is ok.  I'm somewhat of a risk-taker, and am not afraid to make changes in and out of the classroom.  However, that doesn't mean that all this change and chaos is easy for me because it is not.

So, when I am feeling afraid, exhausted, and am drowning in all my responsibilities and obligations, when my best doesn't seem good enough, I turn to the only place I know to give me peace, solace, hope, and an attitude readjustment.  That is God's word~the Bible.

 


Graphics:  The School Supply Addict.  Font by A Cupcake for the Teacher 


Graphics:  The School Supply Addict.  Font by A Cupcake for the Teacher

Where do you turn for encouragement when life is a bit too overwhelming?  Do you have any favorite quotes to share?  I'd love for you to share them!
 
 

Pinterest Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...