Thursday, May 23, 2013

Summer Reading Journal~ FREEBIE!

Hello there friends!  This is Renee from Fantastic First Grade Froggies.  I am so excited to be a guest blogger here today.  I am currently a first grade teacher, but have taught grades 1st through 3rd.  Reading plays a big part of each and every day in my classroom.  With summer fast approaching, I always worry about the "summer slide."  That is teacher lingo for a child who regresses with their reading.  It is so easy to get caught up with the laziness of summer, less structure and routine, etc.  But, it is so important to take 15 or so minutes a day and read.  I always bring in a stack of books that I plan to read over the summer and show my kids.  I also show them my journal that I write about books that I read.  I thought it would be fun to make a kid version.  Click the picture below to get your free copy.

I hope you find this helpful for your students in preventing the "summer slide."  Enjoy your summer and be sure to hop on over to Fantastic First Grade Froggies for some more teaching fun.


Thank you so much, Renee, for guest blogging for me today!  Make sure you stop by her blog and show her some love!

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...