Welcome to another
Today I feature two teacher-authors who collaborate together to sell their educational resources at their Teachers Pay Teachers store, First Grade Buddies. They also write about their first grade adventures over at the blog
Both Tamra and Sarah are from North Carolina and both have their Master's degrees in reading. Tamra has earned National Board certification and like me, Sarah is the proud owner of two dachshunds! You are going to love their two spring products that I am featuring today; both items can be used for your Earth Day celebration or throughout the spring season.
First up is a twenty-eight page literacy packet for kindergarten through second grades.
Highlights of this packet include:
- Activities are aligned to CCSS
- SPRING acrostic poem
- Brainstorming sheets and graphic organizers for discussing the season of spring
- Reading response sheets
- Activities for three picture books: Bear Snores On and Bear Wants More both by Karma Wilson and Duck! Rabbit! by Amy Krouse and Tom Lichtenheld
- Take home rabbit activity with journal entry ( my son just did a similar activity with their class mascot, Ollie the Owl- he loved it!)
- Spring egg hunt with literacy, math, and science question prompts.
- All activities are visually appealing and will have your little ones springing into some major thinking and fun!
Click the picture above to see more of this incredible literacy packet that is just $3.00!! Click here to read a little more about this packet and to grab a freebie on their blog. Check out the links below to learn more about and purchase the above mentioned picture books on Amazon.
Next is an Earth Day packet featuring the classic song What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong:
This unique activity has students responding to the song lyrics to make a class book! Included in the packet are: the song lyrics, a note to families about the project, a book cover, book pages to be illustrated by students, and pages for families to write comments.
I love this idea for celebrating Earth Day and for encouraging literacy at home! See below for sample pages of the class book:
Click here to read more and to purchase this resource for just $2!
I thank Tamra and Sarah for submitting their items! I always enjoy meeting new teachers and bloggers and discovering new picture books!
**If you are interested in submitting a literacy or picture book seasonal item for me to feature, please complete the form here on Google Drive. I am now accepting submissions for April, spring, Arbor Day May Day, Mother's Day, Children's Book Week, and Memorial Day.
Blessings to you this weekend! My heart and prayers are with friends in Boston and in Texas. ♥♥♥