Sunday, April 21, 2013

Earth Day FREEBIE! Reading for Information




Back when I was a middle school language arts teacher, I loved, loved celebrating Earth Day! In the 1990's, we had a lot of freedom with our curriculum; my teammate and I taught thematic units that we wrote ourselves.  One unit was our environmental unit where we read, discussed, conducted experiments such as the effect of an oil spill on wildlife, made our own recycled paper, and learned about the importance of reducing our land fills.

I'm no longer in the classroom, but I still enjoy reading about environmental issues, teaching my own children about the importance of conserving our natural resources and creating teaching resources for them and for the little ones that I tutor.  I needed a nonfiction text for this week that gives an overview of Earth Day, so I created one and want to share it with you!


 This FREEBIE includes a two page reading for information text that I wrote for a student I work with who is reading on a second grade level.  My first grade son, who reads above grade level, read it just fine.  It includes a comprehension sheet and a mini-poster. Visit my Facebook page, like my page, and grab your freebie!  Just click the picture below!  Perfect for whole group, Guided Reading, or for a literacy center.  Just print and you are ready for tomorrow!

 
   

Make sure you stop back here tomorrow where I will have a very special Earth Day giveaway sponsored by Educents! You don't want to miss this one!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...