Monday, March 25, 2013

The Noun Game and Crock Pot Oatmeal for Breakfast

Let's play the noun game!  I am joining the linky from Mrs. Reed of Flying Into First Grade!


Playing is easy! The noun game is where you name your favorite person, place, thing, and animal.

 

Here's mine.....

Person:  My mother... here she is pictured with my father and my two youngest boys during a Grandparents' Day at school a few years ago.



I admire my mother (and father) for many reasons but mostly because she lives out her faith on a daily basis... she is the real deal. Over the years she has sacrificed much to help others and to serve God, all without complaining.  She is my mentor, my encourager, and although I do not see or speak to her everyday, my thoughts and prayers are always with her.

Place:   Ocean City, MD- we visit several times a year, as it is relatively close ( about 4 hrs away) and we have family that lives in O.C.  It is my happy place... carefree time spent with my boys, my husband... walking the boards early in the morning, sipping my DD iced coffee, spending fun times with family, and watching my boys explore, play, and make memories.



 Thing-- My kitchen... although it is small, it is cozy and a hub of activity.  Although I really don't like to cook or bake, I do enjoy making meals and treats for my family.  My youngest son really enjoys helping me as does my husband.  If I'm not in my home office, I'm most likely in my kitchen!

Making Christmas cookies!
  
Animal:  Dachshunds!!!  Since December, we have added two mini-doxie puppies to our family.  I love this breed!  They are smart, sassy like their mama, good with my boys, loyal, and beyond loving!

Java and Dunkin


 Now you know a little bit more about the "me" behind Teacher Mom of 3!  To play, click the button below to join in the fun!


Flying into First Grade


Speaking of cooking, I found this amazingly simple crock pot recipe for home made oatmeal!  I'm not sure of the source, but I thank this person for sharing.  I made it last night and we had it this morning for breakfast before church.  It is just too easy to make and yummy not to share!


Crock Pot Oatmeal

Ingredients:
  • 4-5 apples (any type)- wash, peel, and cut into small pieces/cubes
  • 2/3 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups oats ( I used Quaker quick cooking oats)
  • 8 cups of water

 Optional:  Add a handful of raisins and /or walnuts for even more deliciousness!
Hint:  If you like your oatmeal sweet, sprinkle additional brown sugar and/or cane sugar when serving

Place the ingredients in the above order in crock pot.  Do NOT stir.  Cook on low overnight for 8-9 hours.  When you awake, you will be greeted by a delicious, homey smell and a yummy, hardy breakfast!  This recipe makes a large amount-a whole crock pot full.  I placed the leftovers in the fridge for a quick breakfast this week.



 Enjoy and have a marvelous Monday!

6 comments:

  1. I love that your kitchen is your favorite place! I'm not sure I ever felt that way about my kitchen, but your photo reminds me of what my kitchen was like when my kids were younger. I loved those moments!

    Your pups are just too adorable! As your newest follower, I look forward to exploring your blog. For now though, I have to finish this cup of coffee and get this Monday going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe I love the dachshunds. Our first dog as a married couple was a dachshund. He was our baby! We miss him like crazy. The oatmeal looks great by the way!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a teacher and mother of 3 too! We're busy right? Probably why we don't like cooking that much-no time! That recipe sounds easy and delicious-I MIGHT just try it! I'm your newest follower!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower. I'm a mom of three boys too! I have "met" several blogging teachers who have three boys. We need to make a club! Haha!!
    Christy

    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE dachshunds! Yours are precious! I have two, a boy and a girl. I wish mine loved to cuddle together like that!

    :) Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! My doxies are only (3) months apart and so young ( 6 months and 3 months) that they bonded instantly. Call it madness, but we hope to add a few more! So if my blog morphs into a doxie theme, you'll understand why! :-) Lauren

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...