Happy St. Patrick's Day Weekend!
May you have a fun-filled weekend celebrating with your little (or big) leprechauns! My family and I will be reading The Night Before St. Patrick's Day by Natasha Wing tonight. Tomorrow we will be feasting on Lucky Charms pancakes and talking about St. Patrick's missionary work before church! Click here to view this festive recipe.
I have two more quick things to share with you before I get to the Seasonal Saturday features.
1. Today is the last day to enter my little Facebook giveaway! The winner will be selected tomorrow by Rafflecopter. You could win ANY item from my TpT store! Click here to enter the giveaway.
2. I am joining Albuquerque's Amy's First Graders "green" linky party! All participants are having a sale tomorrow, 3/17. However, ALL items in my store are ON SALE~ 20% discount~ today, 3/16 AND 3/17!
Now, for today's Seasonal Saturday: Both teacher-authors from last week submitted two items, so I am featuring their second products this week!
~Jenn from 2nd Grade Snickerdoodles offers over (60) resources for science, social studies, math, and English Language Arts, including many book study units. Last week I featured her fabulous product for Rechenka's Eggs by Patricia Polacco. This week she submitted another picture book packet for The Easter Egg by beloved author, Jan Brett. Both of these books are on my Amazon wish list!
This adorable packet is aligned to first and second grade Common Core State Standards. The tasks are thoughtful, challenging, visually appealing (I love the precious clip art!), and very detailed.
Other highlights from the packet that caught my eye:
- Includes a reader's theater version of the story
- Includes word work with nouns and adjectives
- Writing task
- A variety of graphic organizers including story maps, a tree map, a character map, and more!
- Several customers have left stellar feedback after purchasing this item
~The Teachers' Aid store at Teachers Pay Teachers is owned by Jamie Williams. She offers over (80) products for elementary literacy, math, science, and seasonal items. Last week I featured her There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover packet, which I loved so much that I bought the book! This week I spotlight a similar product for There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick by Lucille Colandro.
This eggcellent book unit is stuffed with (6) literacy activities designed for grades 1-3! The packet includes:
- Comprehension questions
- Writing response- create an Easter basket
- And more!
Be sure to stop by Jamie's new Facebook page and show her some love!
I hope you are enjoying discovering new literacy products as much as I am. Thank you once again to Jenn and Jamie for sharing their products!
**If you are interested in submitting a literacy/picture book seasonal item for me to feature, please complete the form here on Google Drive. I am now accepting submissions for Lent, Easter, spring, April Fool's Day, Earth Day, National Library Week, and Arbor Day .