Monday, February 25, 2013

Welcome Shuna from Pocket Full of Kinders: Noun FREEBIE!

 Please welcome my guest blogger, Shuna from Pocket Full of Kinders.  She is adorable, witty, creative, and creates adorable teacher products

 Plus, it's Shuna's birthday today! Make sure you stop by her blog to wish her a "happy, happy"!!!

----------------------------------------------------------


Hiya Peepers

Its Shuna from Pocket Full of Kinders

This is me




Ain't I purdy?!
Don't answer that
Anyhoo I am so happy to be guest blogging for Lauren  
I super duper puffy heart her!
I really, really do


Let's get down to the purpose for me being over here

to guest blog 
so I guess I better get to it
We just finished up a unit on nouns and it was oodles of fun!
I have recently discover Prezi.com and I love the cool interactive PP. There are some awesome ones that infuse music and songs and they are all free. If you have a little while hop on over and type in a skill that you are working on and check out all the awesome prezi's that will pop up!

Shoot, I started with the rambling thing again

Moving right along

We checked out this prezi on nouns to get us jump started with our unit

We then watched the Schoolhouse rock video on nouns

Takes me back to when I was in middle school watching the conjunction video
I know you still remember if
Conjunction, Junction what's your function?
If you have no idea what I am talking about it youtube it!
Anyhoo back to nouns




Here are some other videos we watched over the week on nouns







After we finished talking about nouns we created a huge Nancy Noun! 



The larger green slips are proper nouns so each child just wrote their name on the slip. The round circles at the top of Nancy's dress are persons, the longer green slips on her dress are things and animals, and the stockings are places. Each child had to come up with 2 of each kind of noun that we talked about and they glued it on her dress. The students then picked one word and wrote a sentence with that word on the sentence strips

We also did a little noun sorting
using my freebie noun pack
Click the pic to scoop it up

Peace out peepers




Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and hosting me!

    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite welcome, birthday, girl! Thank you so much for guest blogging! I ♥ the freebie!!!! :-) Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...