Thursday, February 28, 2013

Welcome, Primary Paradise! St. Patrick's Day FREEBIE!

 Please welcome my very good bloggy friend, Martha, who is guest blogging for me today. Martha is extremely creative, and I am so excited to have her share a St. Patrick's Day activity with you.  Make sure you stop by Martha's blog when you are finished here and show her some love!  

Take it away, Martha!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! I am so happy to be guest blogging for Lauren. Her blog is one of my favorites. :) My name is Martha from the blog Primary Paradise.



 Blog Button 
  
Today I wanted to share with you a couple fun St Patrick's day FREEBIES! I love teaching creative writing. I think it's so fun to see what my students come up with, and I find that they almost always surprise me with their fabulous stories. That's the cool thing about kids, they have fabulous imaginations. Since St. Patrick's Day is coming up, I've been thinking about St. Patty's writing ideas, and I have a fun one for you to today. Before writing, I would suggest reading a fun book about leprechauns such as That's What Leprechauns Do by Eve Bunting. It's super cute and super fun! Your kiddos will love it. Then, have them think about what they would do if they met a leprechaun like the characters in the book. You could have them do a quick 4 square or web to organize their ideas. Once they have their ideas down, have them write their story and draw a picture to match it. Click the picture below to download the writing paper. 


Leprechaun writing pic


These would make a fabulous bulletin board for St Patty's Day! If you want to make one, you could also use this free clip art to add some color around your students writing. Just click the picture below to download it. :)

Cover Page


If you like the writing activity, feel free to check out the whole packet by clicking the picture below. It includes Language Arts and Math activities.


1


That's all I have for you today folks. I want to thank Lauren for giving me the opportunity to be a guest blogger, and I want to thank all of you for reading this!

Have a lovely week!
Martha from Primary Paradise
Blog Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...