Saturday, February 2, 2013

Currently February

Once again I am linking up with the always entertaining Farley for February's Currently!

I love January because well, it's the start of a new year, a new beginning, and there are four family members who celebrate birthdays during this month.  But..... it's February and that means we're one month closer to spring and to my favorite season- summer!



So, what am I up to on this beyond frigid day (the groundhog didn't see his shadow, right????):


I'm going to keep this short and sweet... I have been plagued with more migraines than usual and am trying to fight one off as I type this.  YUCK!!!!  I have too much to do... take care of my boys and start my President's Day packet. I.will.NOT. succumb!

 
   photo P1031377_zps9a00a846.jpg 

This little sweetie is the new love of my life.  She's a 4 month old mini-doxie who is appropriately named Java!  Her half brother, Dunkin, will be joining us in March just as soon as he able to leave his mommy.

Seriously, I need suggestions for yummy snacks for tomorrow.  The easier the better!

Have a super-duper weekend and don't forget to link up with Farley for your February Currently!

    

7 comments:

  1. That's the one thing I look forward to for Super Bowl Sunday...the food!! We are having sausage cheddar cheese dip, meatballs, wings, veggie dip, burgers!!! Yummy!!

    Tammy
    Come By and Visit My Blogs!
    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy! My husband has decided to make wings and take care of the snacks, so I'm a off the hook! LOL I enjoy your blogs esp your clip art blog and your teaching blog with the home school ideas. Have fun tomorrow! Lauren

      Delete
  2. Hi Lauren!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog -- kind of excited to know that I have readers now! Haha.
    Congrats on that new puppy, she is absolutely adorable! (my mom had a dachshund/terrier mix, so I have a soft spot for doxies).

    I too suffer from migraines (awful!) -- have you tried Maxalt? Wonder drug. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    Emily
    www.absolutelytrueteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, another doxie lover! YAY! My parents have (3) also do rescue foster care so I have just fallen in love with this breed. I've never tried that med you mentioned, but will look into it, Right now I take Imatrax (sp?) and Fiorcet. Thanks for stopping by! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  3. Lauren,
    So sorry about your migraines. UGH! Java is soooo cute! I would hold her all day long! Why is it that boys can't put away their stuff? Is it in their genes? :)
    Have a great day!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    tamingmyflockoffirsties@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth Ann- Thanks so much for stopping by! The headache is better and I think I'm on the mend... didn't get much accomplished today, but it's all good! I'm off to check out your blog! :-) Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo on the migraines! I think you should treat yourself to Starbucks, then have your boys help you make something fun and cute. I saw these adorable whoopie pies that looked like footballs (but that's way too detailed for me - I have to keep it simple. Actually, who am I kidding? My hubby made our snack for the game!). Have a great day!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...