Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pretzel Sparklers! A Fun, Festive Snack For Kids!

Now, I'm a little late, but I wanted to share this fun recipe for pretzel sparklers, a great New Year's Eve snack.  My boys and I were supposed to make them on NY Eve, but we got sidetracked. So, we made them a day or so later.  They make for great party snacks, whether for a birthday party, a holiday, or anytime!  I used rainbow sprinkles, but you can use a solid color for different holidays such as red for Valentine's Day, green for St. Patrick's Day, or red, white, and blue for Memorial Day or July 4th!

  I first found this idea in a cookbook I bought 10+ years ago. Pretzel sparklers are so easy to make and the end product is supposed to look like.... well.... a sparkler!  And, if you like pretzels and chocolate, you will love this! The rainbow sprinkles are the icing on the proverbial cake!

Here's the recipe and some pics of my boys making a big 'ole mess!

Ingredients: 



I used a mixture of white and milk chocolate chips.  Use about one cup of chips.






Procedure:
  • Follow directions on the package of chocolate chips and melt in microwave
  • Dip the end of the pretzel into the melted chocolate
  • Roll pretzel in sprinkles to coat
  • Place on plate to dry
Any object can instantly become a sword!





They ended up with too much chocolate and not enough sprinkles!


  


The end result was delicious (especially with a cup of coffee for me and milk for the boys)!  My boys really enjoyed making these and said they had a lot of fun! 

I am always looking for easy, inexpensive recipes and crafts that are kid-friendly.  This little recipe does just that!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...