Saturday, January 19, 2013

It's Popcorn Day! Pop In for Some FREEBIES!

Yes, that's right... it's National Popcorn Day!  What I would not do for some Fisher's Popcorn from Ocean City about now!

Instead, I'll settle for some microwave popcorn with our movie night we're having later today!  Not quite the same, but it will do.

To celebrate, I have two FREEBIES for you!!  Click the pic below to grab my Dolch sight word game and the pic below for a popcorn theme reader's log and bookmarks!




Enjoy!!

Now, this has nothing whatsoever to do with popcorn, but I wanted to share a little sneak peek at my Groundhog Day packet that is almost ready!!

  
This 50 page packet includes informational text on groundhogs and the history of Groundhog Day~ a little printable book and a 3 page article complete with actual photographs and illustrations.  

Do you celebrate Groundhog Day in the classroom?  If you think you could use this with your students, I will send a FREE copy to the first three faithful followers who leave a comment either about popcorn or groundhogs.  LOL  Remember to leave your email addy with your comments.  This little activity should be ready by tomorrow!

 Have a stellar Saturday!! 

 
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

18 comments:

  1. I love caramel popcorn! Yum!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie! I have such fond memories of my mother making homemade caramel popcorn every year for the superbowl! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  2. I do Groundhog Day every year! We talk about Phil and it is a good intro to shadows! Would love a copy!

    rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! Yes, talking about shadows is such a great idea! Thanks for stopping by! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  3. I love to discuss Groundhog Day with my students! And, doing it while eating popcorn is the best! LOL!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori! I'm honored that you stopped by! Oh, yes, popcorn goes great with groundhog reading and discussion! Maybe we have a new tradition! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  4. I love gourmet popcorn. Your unit looks great.
    Yvonnee
    yvonneeyrg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yvonne! I will eat anything popcorn! LOL :-) Lauren

      Delete
  5. I love Groundhog Day so much that on the way home from vacation this summer I made my husband stop in Punxsutawney to see Phil! He lives in the town's library. If you get the chance go visit. It is a great little town with statues of groundhogs scattered throughout.
    Maria
    First Grade Carousel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria- That is so cool! I'm from PA and have never been to see Phil! I see a road trip coming soon! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  6. Just bought your Phil's Unit! So glad I did. Its perfect for my curious first graders. I love it:) Thanks,
    Maria
    First Grade Carousel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maria! I would love to hear how your little firsties like the unit. My own first grade son read through some of the packet and told me he thought he and his friends would like it. Enjoy! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing your sight word pack. I'm always looking for resources to help my struggling readers in 2nd grade.
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome, Storie! I hope they enjoy the game. It's so simple, but my firsties last year loved it! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  8. Cute idea--could adapt to Kindergarten with some modifications for my little ones--love the popcorn since I live right here in Berlin--5 min from OC and the Little Fisher's popcorn girl is at our school--we love Fishers here too!!! Maybe we could do a trade??
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jen, thanks for stopping by! I know where Berlin is. :-) My mother-in-law lives in Snow Hill and my sis-in-law lives in OC. I would love to do a trade. Any ideas? Hope your little ones like the game. I can make one with pre-primer and primer words. Just let me know! Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!!! I grew up in MD and we'd go to the good 'ole OC every summer almost. I loved Fisher's popcorn! I also loved Thrasher's fries with vinegar and Candy Kitchen's salt water taffy. Wow, thanks for the fun childhood flashback. It made my day!

    Amy
    AlbuquerqueAmysFirstGraders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! Oh, yes, Thrashers is a must as is Dumsers ice cream! We are hoping to go to OC for spring break in 2 weeks! :-) Lauren

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...