Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like... Spring!

Something just isn't right.  As I write this, I'm listening to "Walking In A Winter Wonderland", my tree is decorated, and my nutcracker display is finished.  Check out this pic my 7 year old son took.  It's a little dark, but I think the effect is cool.


So, what is the problem?  Birds are chirping, flitting around along with a collection of insects, and there is a touch of spring in the air!  It will be close to 70 today here in southern PA!  The heat is off, the fireplace is dark, and winter coats have been replaced with spring jackets!  Incredible!  It certainly doesn't feel like Christmas!

However, Christmas for my family is a very spiritual time for us, no matter what the weather. It is a "heart" celebration, so to speak.  And, it is a time for traditions- some old and some new.  One of which is making Christmas cookies.  In my house, we make a few goodies early in December, but a tradition I started many years ago is to make sugar cookie cut-out cookies on Christmas Eve day.  This is a special tradition that started with my oldest son eighteen years ago, and it is continued today with his two younger brothers.

My three sons baking cookies- December 2011
  And speaking of Christmas cookies, I want to share with you my yummy Christmas cookie Dolch sight word activity packet!  It is filled with 220 word cards (pre-primer to grade 3) and a word card game(How many cookies can you eat?).

Here are the cookie plate and game cards ready for my young sons to play!

 




The packet also has stationery sheets, A-B-C recording sheets, sorting mats, write and draw sheets, and even an opinion/persuasive writing prompt for students to write about their favorite cookie!  49 pages of yummy fun!  Click on the pic below to view the packet in my TpT store.  In honor of today being National Cookie Day, this packet is on sale for only $2.50!  Enjoy!



So, it may feel like spring, but in our home, classroom, and hearts, it is Christmas!

I'll be back later this week to share another one of my favorite Christmas traditions. What are your favorite holiday traditionsLeave a comment to share;  I love, love to read your comments!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...