Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Favorite Freebie Linky Party


Cynthia from 2nd Grade Pad is hosting a very fun linky party!!!



 Oh, how timely this party is!  I just about depleted my lil' PayPal account this weekend as I was TpT shopping for next week, and I went on a little clip art binge! Add a trip to the Dollar store and to Walmart, and I am in desperate need of a few freebies!!  This linky party has incredible freebies created by very talented teacher-authors!

My favorite freebie:
My Noah's Ark Retelling cards set is my absolute favorite FREE item in my TpT store.  This is a "walk and talk" retelling activity that can be used with any story!
Noah's Ark Retelling Cards for Walk and Talk

 Why?
 I was inspired by the work of The First Grade Parade who made adorable retelling cards using a Wizard of Oz theme. I work in a Christian school and thought it would be cute and appropriate to change it up a little and use a Noah's Ark theme!  This is one of my favorite Bible stories; I love the strength and obedience that Noah demonstrated. Plus, I named my middle son Noah.  He and his younger brother still have the Noah's Ark theme going in their room.



How I Use the Cards:
I laminated the cards and arrange them on the classroom floor in a path-like fashion.  After my primary reading intervention students are familiar with the components of retelling, I model using this walk and talk activity.  Students love hopping from one card to the next with a partner and retelling a recently read story.  This year, I will mount the cards on a wall in the room as a visual reminder of how to retell a story.  When we're ready to walk and talk, I will place them on the floor.  So much fun!





Hop on over to the 2nd Grade Pad and link up to share your favorite freebie that you have created!  Just click the button below.

Welcome to 2nd Grade Pad 


Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up. However, did you realize that the link you put on my blog takes you straight to the product instead of coming here and reading the wonderful details of your product?

    I love the idea of a talk and walk for retelling! That's a great idea that I had not thought of. Thanks so much!

    Cynthia
    2nd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Thanks for letting me know, Cynthia! I fixed the link. :-) Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...