Friday, July 13, 2012

Student-Centered, Student-Made


Earlier this week I wrote about the importance of creating a student-centered classroom.  Part of that included releasing responsibility to the students to do most of the work when appropriate.  I shared my collaborative bulletin board with you yesterday.


Today, I want to share with you my Smoothie Blends posters.  I created this packet of *20* initial blends posters for students to create.  Yes, I could have done them myself with cute graphics and anchor words for each blend.  But, I want my students to be involved!  This creates ownership, motivation, and fosters learning!


Students write words that begin with each blend and draw pictures for the words on the posters.  I offer several ways to use these:  creating a blends booklet or using as a classroom poster.  Click on any of the blends posters to find out more!  This set also coordinates with my Blending Up a Great Smoothie sorting activity packet available in my store.


Since it is Friday and the heatwave has finally broken here in PA, I'm celebrating by offering the Smoothie Poster  packet FOR FREE to the first three faithful followers  that leave a comment and their email address.

I'll email you the PDF file today!

Have a blessed weekend!!

8 comments:

  1. Cute! Love it!

    rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks refreshing! We need a break in our heat wave here in Oklahoma!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great!

    Cathy I.
    mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com
    Mrs. I's Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn, I missed it! And these are adorbs...They look absolutely good enough to drink:) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber... send me your email addy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so darn cute! Where in PA are you? I'm in PA too! :) (well, now that I'm back from vacation... i missed the heat wave here--but was in FL, where it was hot-but oddly it was hotter here!)

    Angie
    Rulin' the Roost

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks,Angie! I'm in south central PA, close to Gettysburg and the Mason-Dixon line. Where in PA do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a fabulous idea! So very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...