Monday, July 9, 2012

Stay Cool With My Smoothie Blends Activity!

With the extreme heat we have had here in south central PA, I have had smoothies on the brain!  Michelle from The 3 AM Teacher
custom made a scrumptious smoothie clip art collection for my newest activity packet.
 
Blending Up A Great Smoothie is my largest packet yet with 145 pages!

There's so much you can do with this!  I plan to use it for kindergarten enrichment and for remediation for grades one and two.  I wanted to use the blender to visually show students that each consonant retains its sound when blended together.   The blenders below are the sorting mats for the word cards.


There are 424 word cards representing *20* blends.

 





I included a descriptive writing activity for students to create their very own smoothie and to use words with blends in context. 

 I'm so excited to use this and wanted to share with you!

Have a marvelous Monday!

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea!! I love how you are blending the strawberries & bananas- that's so cute!! I'm definitely adding this to my wishlist! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! I'm planning to actually take my blender and fruit in to make smoothies with my students! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...