Monday, July 16, 2012

Favorite Books Linky Party!

Photobucket
 


Oh, this is so, so fun!  I'm linking up with Lindsey from The Teacher Wife for a linky party to share our favorite picture books!  How in the world will I choose?  I cannot say that these are my favorites because I have about a million favs.  But, I can say that these books are my new favorite picture books!

  1. I Knew You CouldA Book for All the Stops in Your Life  by Craig Dorfman.  My very second blog post back in May was about this book and how much I love it!  The book's sweet, encouraging theme picks up where The Little Engine That Could Leaves off. I bought each of my first grade intervention students a copy as an end of the year gift.  I even bought one as a high school graduation gift for my oldest son! You can read my review here.





2.  Cloudette  by Tom Lichtenheld.  Here's another touching and humorous story about a little cloud who wonders if she has anything important to contribute. She finds her silver lining and discovers what a big difference a little cloud can make!

Cloudette



3.  Hot Rod Hamster by Cynthia Lord.  This hilarious, predictable, rhyming story was a favorite with my students for take-home reading.  Join little hamster as he visits a junkyard and builds his race car for the "Hot Rod Race".  Who will win the race?

Hot Rod Hamster


 Speaking of Hot Rod Hamster, I have a literacy packet in my TPT store that I created for my intervention group.  The packet features adorable, custom made clip art by Charlotte's Clips from TPT.

4Alphabet Rescue by Audrey Wood.  My two sons who know their alphabet quite well adore this book and never tire of rereading!  Of course, they love the firetruck theme and how the lowercase letters come to the rescue.  This is kind of like a sophisticated Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!
Alphabet Rescue



5.  ... and my final choice is... Curious George Tadpole Trouble by H.A. Rey.  This hysterical and informative book about the lifestyle of a frog is a must-have if you study frogs!  My boys love it especially since we have three tadpoles of our own, and they can make many text-self connections with George's antics!


Curious George Tadpole Trouble (CGTV 8x8)


I am going to stop myself here and check out all of the picture book recommendations at The Teacher WifeHead on over to her blog and join the fun!

Happy Reading!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Lindsey! I have been reading your blog for awhile and have been very inspired by your creativity! My boys and I will have a long list to take to the library tomorrow! Lauren

      Delete
  2. I love your suggestions! Hot Rod Hamster looks like an interesting book. I'm going to have to look into that! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa- My two sons, ages 5&6 adore this book! It was also a very hot book with my students. I only have one copy and have to get several more! Thanks for stopping by! Lauren

      Delete
  3. These are all new books to me. I will have to check them out! Thanks for the suggestions!
    ஐRikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! My own sons love all these books, and they are quite particular- LOL Lauren

      Delete
  4. Cloudette sounds like such a cute story! I've put it on my wishlist! Thanks for sharing!

    Newest Follower,
    Nicole
    Lanier's Kindergarten Lions

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm visiting through the Linky Party. Don't you just love picture books?!!? I'm not familiar with Cloudette or Hot Rod Hamster but they both look really cute! I'll have to check them out! Come by when you get a chance. I'm your newest follower.

    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca- Love your blog!! I can't wait to check out your clip art. Thanks for stopping by! Lauren

      Delete
  6. I love Hot Rod Hamster! Good choice!

    Meridith
    Frogsandfirstgraders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Meredith! Now my boys want a hamster! They almost have me convinced... LOL Lauren

      Delete
  7. Great choices!

    Make sure to stop by and enter my giveaway
    -Courtney
    2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...