Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beyond Excited!

YIPPEE!!!  YAY!!!!  WOOT!!!!

Can you hear my excitement all over bloggy land??  What has caused this glee, you may ask?  Did I reach 1000 followers over night?  Did I sell oodles of products over night? Did my oldest son receive a full scholarship to his college? Did I win a vacay to Hawaii?

Well, the answer to all of the above is no (but there is still hope, and I have faith!).  Yesterday was a stellar day, however!  My son did receive notice that he ROCKED his AP history exam, I spent a relaxing day at the pool, AND I received a message from Lori at Teaching With Love and Laughter  that I was a winner in her giveaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  

Yes!  I am beyond excited that I won the HearALL Assessment recorder from Learning Resources!!! I have been trying to win the EasiSpeak Microphone or this HearALL recorder for months now.  

How will I use this?  Oh, let me count the ways!  First, this will make a great tool for my youngest son who has Selective Mutism and will not speak out loud at school or to his speech therapist.  He will only whisper to them, which is an improvement from being completely mute, but still makes it rather difficult for the teachers/therapist to assess himI can record him practicing his speech therapy, reading sight words, or a book, and upload a file and send to the teachers for assessment!

In the classroom, I will use it to record students' reading and discussion during our small group intervention time.  Then, I can send the file to the classroom teachers along with my weekly data/anecdotal records reports.  In addition, I can upload the files to my classroom blog for parents to listen as we sing songs, read poems, plays, etc.

Thank you so much, Lori, for this opportunity!  Please make sure you visit Lori's blog!  She is my new bloggy friend and I just adore her blog and learn so much from her!


Teaching With Love and Laughter

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! This news made my day! Thanks so much for stopping by. Lauren

      Delete
  2. Yay for you! I am as happy as you are! Now, you just need to work on that vacay to Hawaii!

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on that vacay... I'm wondering if maybe my son wants to go to college in Hawaii! LOL Lauren

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!! I won one a few weeks back, too! It will be a great tool for your son to use!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm soooo jealous! I'm happy that you won though. I awarded you a blog award! Head over to my blog to retrieve it: http://primaryreadingparty.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog.html

    Cindy
    Primary Reading Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Awww, and you even gave me an award. Thank you!! :-) Lauren

      Delete
  5. Congrats this thing looks awesome!!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...