Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'm Bored!

No, it is not me that is bored!  I am knee deep in trying to keep up with reading for a bloggy book study, creating activities to use this coming fall, planning to help implement Daily 5 in a kinder classroom, blogging, taking care of 5 boys in the afternoons, and blog stalking!  And, that is why this post today will be short and sweet with a KISS ( keep it super simple)! 

My two youngest sons have been out of school for three weeks and the novelty of summer vacation is waning.  So, yes, already I hear, "Mommy, I'm bored!".  That is an instant invitation for them to help me with chores!

Anyway, this week the boys started the summer reading program at our local library which they LOVE!  They love the prizes they get each week and the reader's logs I created for them. My library uses online/digital logs, but my kiddos like the ones I made because they get to cut and paste AND they get to post them on the fridge!   You can grab a copy of these summer logs (for June, July, August) for FREE by clicking the pic below:
My boys will be entering kindergarten and first grades in the fall.  I started to create some reader response graphic organizers for them to use this summer.  We'll complete these after a read-aloud, shared reading, and/or independent reading.  I plan to only do 1 or 2 a week so as not to make it too "schoolish".  On most of the organizers, they will have the option to draw or write.  I will be adding to this as I go along, but you can grab the first five pages for FREE by clicking on the pic below:

I am hoping to sneak in some summer learning that is fun for my boysAnd maybe, just maybe, I will not hear those three words as much!


Hang in there;  it's almost Friday!

6 comments:

  1. I'm amazed by all you're doing. THANK YOU for the logs and organizers! Continue to enjoy your summer.

    Mona
    First Grade Schoolhouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much , Mona! I'm so glad you stopped by! Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you! I love your owls...super cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'll start following you too. :)
    Dixie

    Teachin' Little Texans

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you stopped by, Dixie! I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog & I'm your newest follower! Thanks for the summer reading logs. They look great!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Lisa! I made them for my own kids and they really like the rating part!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...