Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Flag Day Race!



Do you know what happened on this date in the year 1777?   Yes, that is right, the Unites States flag was formally adopted on June 14, 1777. You are so smart!

So today, the four boys and I will be making Father's Day cards, but I don't want to forget about this special day either!  There is so much that one could do on this day.... here's an idea from Disney's Family Fun- Flag Day Relay Race.  You can see the details here All you need are a few small flags and buckets of sand!


I'm not sure if we will have time for this, but it looks like a great Fourth of July idea!!

At the very least, I will be flying my flag on the front porch and the boys and I will discuss what a symbol is and how Betsy Ross may NOT have made the first flag after all!! 

I'll be back tomorrow talking about chicken soup... stay tuned!

Have a blessed day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...