Yesterday, we tried to make the glow-in-the-dark bubbles that was all over Pinterest. That did not work! We tried and tried, mixed the concoction, and raced down into the dark basement, but to no avail! Just plain, old bubbles, which are still fun, but not what boys were anticipating!
So, I remembered another idea for how to use the "ingredients" I had on hand. Do you know what you get when you mix this together?
Add a straw and paper and you can bubble paint!
Here's what we did:
- Mix food coloring with just a little bit ( 1/4 cup) of bubble "juice"
- Use a straw to stir together until blended
- Dip end of straw into colored bubble juice and blow gently over your paper. I used finger paint paper since it is thicker and would absorb more and not get soggy
- The bubble paint will drip on the paper making cool designs. As the bubbles land on the paper and pop, they will make a unique imprint on the paper.
- We did this outside and there was a gentle wind which made the effect even more abstract!
|Noah wrote his name using the straw!|
We had a blast until a thunderstorm rumbled in and we headed inside for a dinner of baked ziti and Italian bread! YUM!
So, now I'm searching for something fun to do for Flag Day and Father's Day with my crew. If you have any ideas that you think all six of my boys would like, leave me a comment!
Have a fabulous Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!